Improve the look and efficiency of your home. Save energy and money.
- Our goal is to help you save energy and money. Your program participation will help ensure that you have a more energy-efficient home, which ultimately helps save money on your bill each month.
Professionally installed high-performance replacement windows help reduce outside noise, help protect your walls and furniture from fading, and reduce the amount of heat from the sun entering your home. Replacing windows increases your comfort, all year long.
You may want to consider replacing your windows if you meet any of the following criteria:
- You notice a condensation buildup between window layers or cracked window glass.
- You feel a draft and/or hear a lot of noise even when your windows are closed.
- You have difficulty opening, closing and locking windows perhaps because the frames are soft, chipped or water damaged.
- Complete a Home Energy Check.
- Complete the window replacement process with a licensed and insured window replacement contractor.
- Multi-family properties and manufactured homes are not eligible for participation.
- Window replacement recommendations must result from a Duke Energy home audit (HEC).
- The windows must be installed by a licensed and insured window replacement contractor and approved by a licensed Florida home inspector.
- The windows must have a solar heat gain coefficient of less than or equal to 0.25 and a U-factor of less than or equal to 0.35.
- The home (in which the customer has replaced the windows) must have whole-house electric heating and cooling.
- Duke Energy does not provide rebates on sliding glass or French doors.
- Duke Energy does allow customers to select their own licensed, insured window replacement contractor (and still qualify for the rebate).