Overhead Power Line Upgrades and Replacement
We are working hard to help improve reliability, reduce outages, strengthen the power grid against severe weather and prepare our system for the future.
Part of this work involves upgrading or replacing existing overhead power lines and constructing new ones in order to:
- Address reliability concerns
- Expand capacity to better serve a growing community
- Add smart, self-healing capabilities and automation
- Strengthen the line against outages and impacts
- Replace damaged or end-of-service lines and components
These grid improvements can help improve the customer experience, make the electric system more resilient and enable smarter, cleaner energy technologies.