Eustis-Dona Vista Transmission Reliability Project
Duke Energy will rebuild and partially reroute an existing 2.2-mile, 69-kV transmission line from the new Dona Vista substation to the existing Eustis substation to meet the current needs and projected growth for the area.
- Upgrade and partially reroute the existing 2.2-mile, 69-kilovolt (kV) transmission line from the Dona Vista Substation to the Eustis Substation.
- Approximately 0.8 mile will remain in the existing utility easement area.
- 1.4 miles will be relocated along a new route.
- Relocation will result in the removal of the transmission lines in Ferran Park and along Northshore Drive (distribution poles and lines will remain).
- Upgraded transmission line will be built on steel monopoles 90 to 150 feet above ground.
Benefits to the Community
Duke Energy continues to invest in critical infrastructure upgrades to help improve system reliability and to help withstand the challenges and occasional extreme weather we experience in Florida.
The project will add needed capacity to support the growing demand for energy used by homes and businesses in the Eustis and Lake County region and will help minimize the risks of customer outages.
Public ParticipationPublic participation is a vital part of Duke Energy's siting process for electric transmission projects. Duke Energy held a public meeting to share more details about the project and to gather valuable input from property owners, local government, community leaders and other community stakeholders. Following the public meeting, we continued to receive public input through our project website, phone calls, emails and other means of communication, while technical teams conducted research and analysis. Information gathered from the community meetings and from the public has been incorporated into our planning and routing process.
Next Steps – What to Expect
- Company representatives will work directly with landowners regarding advanced notifications.
- Construction is expected to begin in winter 2023.
To learn more about this project:
Key Project Dates
- Preconstruction activities and vegetation clearing:
- Transmission line construction:
- Project completion and property restoration: