Carolinas Carbon Plan
Developing the path forward for a cleaner energy future.
Our climate strategy is our business strategy. And central to this business strategy is delivering increasingly clean energy while maintaining reliability and affordability for the communities we serve.
Our proposed Carolinas Carbon Plan is an important step toward 70% carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions reduction by 2030 and carbon neutrality by 2050, while providing multiple options that balance affordability and reliability for our customers.
The Carolinas Carbon Plan at a Glance
- A stakeholder-informed proposal – with more public input to come
- Two paths, four portfolios – all meet 70% carbon reduction targets and carbon neutrality by 2050
- An “all-of-the-above” strategy – to maintain reliability for our customers and communities
- All coal retired by 2035 – enabled by diverse mix of carbon-free and dispatchable resources
- Limited-cost impacts in next two years – and about 1.9% to 2.7% annually through 2035
To learn more, read our news release, review our overview summary, or take a deeper dive into the executive summary and full carbon plan below. A list of frequently asked questions follows, along with a recap of the extensive stakeholder process that informed the plan's development.