Upgrade to a more efficient system. Save energy and money.
- Our goal is to help you save energy and money. Your program participation will help ensure that you have a more energy-efficient home, which ultimately helps save money on your bill each month.
As heating and cooling systems age, their efficiency tends to decline. A new system will offer better air flow, allowing you to regulate the temperature throughout your home. It will also provide you with improved air quality by maintaining humidity levels and even filtering small particles out of the air you and your family breathe.
You may want to consider replacing your HVAC system if you meet any of the following criteria:
- Your system is more than 10 years old and/or your energy bill keeps increasing
- Your system is unable to maintain comfortable temperature in your home
- Your system is producing poor air quality (you notice mold, mildew, dust or unusual humidity)
- Customers must complete the Home Energy Check before installation of their new system or within the six months following.
- The HVAC/heat pump replacement process must be completed by a licensed and insured air conditioning contractor.
- Multi-family properties and manufactured homes are not eligible for participation.
- The HVAC/heat pump system must be installed according to Duke Energy standards by a licensed and insured air conditioning contractor meeting all Duke Energy requirements.
- Rebate amount is determined by the efficiency rating of the HVAC/heat pump system and existing heat type.
- The condensing unit and air handler must be changed at the same time.
- Duke Energy does allow customers to select their own licensed and insured air conditioning contractor (and still qualify for the rebate).