Be certain your payment has been received.
- Payment Confirmations is a free and optional service provided to eligible Duke Energy customers with email addresses on file. The service is offered to let you know that your payment has been received and posted to your Duke Energy account. If you would like to enroll your account in Payment Confirmations, or to view or change your enrollment settings, you can modify your preferences anytime.
- No. For accounts enrolled in the program, a payment confirmation will be sent for any payment after it posts to your Duke Energy account.
- To stop receiving text alerts, simply text STOP to 57812 from your mobile device that is receiving these notifications. To stop receiving email alerts, modify your preferences, or click the unsubscribe link within a payment confirmation email.
- To re-enroll in text alerts after you’ve texted STOP to 57812, you can text RESUME to 57812 from your mobile device. To re-enroll in text alerts or email alerts, modify your preferences, or click the modify link within a payment confirmation email.
- Simply modify your preferences on our website. You can click the modify link within a payment confirmation email to access your account. Sign in and follow the prompts to update or change your phone number or change the way you would like to receive payment confirmations.
- Simply modify your preferences on our website. You can click the modify link within a payment confirmation email to access your account. After that, sign in and follow the prompts to update or change your email address or change the way you would like to receive payment confirmations.
- You should expect your first confirmation the next time a payment is posted to your account. The timing of this and future confirmations will vary depending on your payment method (e.g., mailed payments versus online payments), but including your bill stub with mailed checks will help ensure timely processing of your payment.
- This is a free service that Duke Energy is offering to keep you informed about your payments. Keep in mind that for text messages “standard rates apply.” That means these texts will count toward your text plan with your mobile carrier. If you have any questions about how this affects your mobile plan, contact your mobile carrier. Read the program’s Terms and Conditions.
- No, the payment confirmation is simply meant to let you know that your payment has been received and posted to your Duke Energy account.
- Payment confirmations include your payment amount, the date your payment posted to your Duke Energy account and a shortened version of the service address of your account.
- You can arrange to receive email or text messages. For email, you will automatically be enrolled using the email account associated with your eligible Duke Energy account. For text messages, you can select the phone number of your choice. Keep in mind that text messages can be sent to mobile phones only.
- If you have chosen text messages, the text will come from 57812. If you are enrolled in email messages, the message will come from DukeEnergyPayConfirmation@duke-energyalert.com. Please check your inbox to ensure that the email is not in a spam folder.
What to expectBelow is one example of our new payment confirmation emails.
Payment Confirmations is available to customers of all Duke Energy utilities.