Inspect the charger
If there is any damage (frayed cords, burns or visual damage) to the unit, stop using immediately and submit a service request.
Reset the unit
If there is no damage, check your charger’s documentation and follow instructions to reset the unit.
Call 844.375.2834 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET. Your call will be answered live, or you can leave a voicemail. Messages will be returned within one business day.
Outside of regular business hours, your call will be sent to an after-hours service for an electrical contractor.
Please have the following information available when calling.
- Charger type: Level 2 or DC Fast Charger
- Message on unit display
- Any LEDs lit on unit display
If you notice any visible damage to the charging unit or cords, discontinue use immediately, switch off power to the unit and rope off the area. Contact Duke Energy by submitting an online form or by calling 844.375.2834 to schedule a service appointment.
Basic charger maintenance
Charger Solution charging units require very little maintenance.
- To reduce the risk of electrical shock or equipment damage, exercise caution while cleaning the EVSE and the EV charge connector cable.
- Turn off the EVSE at the circuit breaker.
- Unplug the EVSE from the receptacle.
- Clean the EVSE using a soft cloth lightly moistened with mild detergent solution. Never use any type of abrasive pad, scouring powder, or flammable solvents such as alcohol or benzene.
- Inspect the unit for any visible damage to the cord, connector or housing.
- Check pedestal to ensure it is solidly affixed to the ground.
- Inspect the unit and surrounding area for insects and professionally treat as needed.
Residential charger requirements
There may be network upgrades or manufacturer recalls for residential units. A program representative will contact you to schedule maintenance service appointments as needed. Please note that after-hours service calls will be billed at $140/hour. For more information, please visit the EV Charger Solution webpage.
Commercial charger requirements
Some charging stations require preventive maintenance. A program representative will contact you to schedule maintenance service appointments. Please note that after-hours service calls will be billed at $140/hour. For more information, please visit the EV Charger Solutions webpage.