New Infrastructure Facts
- Work will be done in five phases through 2027/2028. Right now, design and routing are underway for Phases 1 and 2.
- Phase 1 involves replacing about 1.5 miles of our AM07 Pipeline.
- Route studies are beginning for Phase 2 so the length of pipeline to be replaced in this phase is not known yet.
- See Interactive Map
- Constructed of a more robust steel with a fusion-bonded epoxy coating to prevent corrosion
- Built-in state-of-the-art safety inspection features
Project Overview and Need
- Replace and Upgrade Existing Natural Gas Infrastructure
The 70-plus year-old natural gas infrastructure will be replaced with a modern pipeline constructed from stronger materials with state-of-the-art monitoring equipment and inspection technology. Replacing infrastructure that has been around since the 1950s is the prudent thing to do.
- Regulatory Compliance
Our system must be upgraded from time-to-time to maintain compliance with federal regulations.
- Enhance Our Natural Gas System
The upgraded pipeline will enhance our natural gas system, helping to continue providing safe and reliable service to Northern Kentucky customers for decades to come.
Project Filing and Oversight
A Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity (CPCN) for Phase 1 was filed with the Kentucky Public Service Commission in April 2022. CPCN applications for future phases will be filed once design on each phase is finalized.