Roundbottom Road Pipeline Project
OverviewDuke Energy Ohio (Duke Energy Ohio, Inc.) is investing in a safe and reliable energy future for our 438,000 natural gas customers in southwest Ohio. As part of our modernization efforts and to help ensure the continued reliability of our system, we've proposed a new natural gas pipeline.
Project DetailsThe Roundbottom Road Pipeline project is being constructed by our contractor Burns & McDonnell. It involves the installation of a 16-inch-diameter steel pipeline from State Route 32 to Broadwell Road. The proposed pipeline is approximately 2.4 miles long and constructed with corrosion-protected steel main. This portion of pipeline will be installed in private easements along the right of way of Roundbottom Road. Additionally, on a neighboring project, we will be installing an 8-inch pipeline on Valley Avenue from Roundbottom Road to Church Street in the near future. We will do our best to minimize traffic disruption during the construction.
ScheduleBelow is an estimated schedule for the Roundbottom Road Pipeline project.
- Summer 2019 – Begin survey and project design
- Fall/Winter 2019 – Meetings with affected customers, and filing a letter of notification with the Ohio Power Siting Board (January)
- Winter 2020 – Bid project and issue for construction
- Spring 2020 – Construction begins
- Late Summer 2020 – Construction complete