Duke Energy welcomes and encourages the public to use the lakes for recreational purposes, but we also encourage recreational users to be responsible while using these reservoirs so that we can all enjoy the lakes safely. With that in mind, we ask that you please follow these guidelines while recreating on Duke Energy-owned islands:
- No nighttime use (sunset to sunrise)
- No permanent structures allowed
- No fires or littering allowed
- No removal of vegetation
- Police have authority to arrest under NCGS-14-159-13
- Police have authority to arrest under SC code of laws -16-11-620
Additional Information may be found in specific Shoreline Management Plans or Guidelines.