In order to participate in Duke Energy Ohio's Gas Firm Transportation (FT) Customer Choice Program, each supplier will be evaluated to ensure that they possess the necessary financial resources and capabilities to perform as a supplier. To assist Duke Energy Ohio in performing its evaluation, suppliers must do the following:
- Provide proof of Commission Certification
- Complete and sign Duke Energy Ohio's Registration & Credit Application
- Submit creditworthiness information; a fee is assessed for each financial evaluation as set forth in Rate FRAS
- Complete and sign Duke Energy Ohio's Gas Aggregation/Customer Pooling Agreement (if supplier will accept a fully executed PDF then the document can be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If a fully executed original is required, two mailed originals are needed)
- Pay a registration fee upon PUCO approval of Rate FRAS (Full Requirements Aggregation Service)
- Demonstrate a working understanding of the proper electronic communications capabilities necessary to transact business with Duke Energy Ohio.
- Review Duke Energy Ohio's Rate FRAS, and attend a Duke Energy Ohio sponsored training for retail natural gas suppliers
NOTE: The certified supplier is required to mark all correspondence, mailed to Duke Energy Ohio, as containing "Confidential Information". This includes the registration packet documentation.
Suppliers not meeting the necessary credit level are required to provide additional security in a form and format specified by Duke Energy Ohio. Financial evaluation will be based on standard credit factors such as: financial and credit ratings; trade references; bank information; most recent annual report; 10K or 10Q; unused line of credit; pool customer payment history; and related financial information that has been independently audited, if available. Duke Energy Ohio determines creditworthiness based on the above criteria and will not deny a supplier's participation in the program without reasonable cause.