GCR(1) per CCF
Typical monthly bill(2)
(2) Based on a typical monthly usage of 70 ccf
(ccf = 100 cubic feet)
Duke Energy Ohio's strategy to manage natural gas price increases
At Duke Energy Ohio, we know that higher natural gas prices translate into higher home heating and business costs for our customers. As our customers see the effects of any increase on their bills, they want to know what the gas company is doing to help prevent or reduce such an increase. The article, "Duke Energy's Strategy to Manage Natural Gas Prices," addresses how we work to help hold the price down and to reduce the impact of increases on customer bills. Read the full article.
The natural gas delivery system and pipeline safety
Every day in the United States, several million cubic feet of natural gas travel through an underground pipeline delivery system to 64 million customers. Learn more about this safe, sound underground pipeline system.
Additional links for more information on natural gas prices, supply and state programs:
- The American Gas Association provides information on the supplier of natural gas.
- Visit the Ohio Development Services Agency (ODSA) of the Ohio Department of Development for information on the programs they administer.
- The Energy Information Administration offers a wide range of energy related information, including weekly natural gas update reports.
- Annual Plan – For customers who want their monthly payments to remain the same. In the twelfth month, you are billed or credited for any difference between the budget amount and the actual costs.
- Quarterly Plan – For customers who want to avoid a twelfth-month "settle-up" adjustment. Your amount is recalculated and automatically adjusted every three months.
Enrolling in Budget Billing is quick and easy. Just register with Online Services today – it's that easy! Login or register with Online Services.
Find a variety of energy-saving information and tips right at your fingertips. You can lower your energy use by making smart decisions for lighting, windows, roofing and more.
Our Home Weatherization program provides energy-saving installations and energy education at no cost to income-qualified customers. Click on the Home Weatherization link for additional program guidelines.
This tool provides a quick example of how energy-saving measures could lower your energy costs. It estimates how new energy-efficient practices and/or equipment in your home could save you money.