Support for the South Carolina community
Our teammates, your neighbors
Here in South Carolina, we’ve been a part of the community for more than 100 years. Our more than 3,700 South Carolina teammates are committed to making the investments that matter most to our community.
That means investments in the energy grid for better reliability in hurricane season and every season. It also means more renewables, like solar, and new ways for you to manage your energy use and spending.
And finally it means more support for the community and the local economy – all to help power your life here in the Carolinas.
South Carolina Community Investments from 2016-2020
- $25 billion in capital spending in North Carolina and South Carolina
- More than $801 million paid to local communities in property taxes
- Helped to attract 11,500+ new jobs to South Carolina through economic development efforts
- More than $31.7 million in total charitable giving, including donations from the Duke Energy Foundation, employees and retirees
- More than 82,100 volunteer hours by employees