This Informational Portal provides a central location for all interested parties to access meeting information, materials and relevant reference information related to Duke Energy's Low-Income Affordability Collaborative for Duke Energy Carolinas (DEC) and Duke Energy Progress (DEP). In accordance with the North Carolina Utilities Commission's March 31, 2021, order on the 2019 DEC rate case and its April 16, 2021, order on the 2019 DEP rate case, DEC and DEP are engaging interested parties across North Carolina in a series of virtual sessions. These sessions are intended to inform, foster dialogue and examine new opportunities to address affordability issues for low-income residential customers.
The Collaborative will evaluate a broad spectrum of regulatory programs and protections for low-income customers, ranging from affordability programs to potential new tariffs and other initiatives. The goal is to reach consensus on new low-income programs for the North Carolina Utilities Commission to consider for implementation. This stakeholder process, while a North Carolina regulatory requirement, represents DEC and DEP's commitment to offering additional support for its most vulnerable customers.
This Informational Portal contains the presentation materials and Q&A from these engagement sessions. Official DEC and DEP 2021 documents and links to their associated attachments, in addition to other resources pertaining to the filings, can be found under Additional Resources.
- NCUC Order Accepting Submitted Participant List For the Affordability Collaborative
- Low-Income Affordability Collaborative Update (06/04/2021)
- NC Low-Income Affordability Collaborative 180 Day Progress Report
- NC Low-Income Affordability Collaborative Joint Report Q4 2021
- Aug. 12, 2022 - Joint North Carolina Low-Income Affordability Collaborative Quarterly Progress Report - Final Report
- July 29, 2021 – Workshop Session 1: Collaborative Kickoff
- Workshop 2: Current Affordability Challenges (meeting pre-read)
- Sept. 16, 2021 – Workshop 2: Current Affordability Challenges
- Workshop 3: Subteam Plan & Customer Trends and Patterns (meeting pre-read)
- Nov. 12, 2021 – Workshop 3: Subteam Plan & Customer Trends and Patterns
- Workshop 4: Rate Design Concepts (meeting pre-read)
- Dec. 9, 2021 – Workshop 4: Rate Design Concepts
- Jan. 26, 2022 – NC Joint Collaborative Workshop (Demand Side Management & Energy Efficiency Collaborative, Comprehensive Rate Review Collaborative, Low Income Collaborative)
- Feb. 3, 2022 – Workshop 5: Customer Offerings
- Feb. 22, 2022 – NCUC Progress Update
- March 31, 2022 – Workshop 6 – Affordability Metrics
- April 20, 2022 – Proposal Pitch Day
- May 19, 2022 – Workshop 7 – Funding & Resource Needs