Here in Indiana, we’ve been a part of the community for more than 100 years. Our 2,500 local teammates are committed to making the investments that matter most to fellow Hoosiers.
That means investments in the energy grid for better reliability that the whole community can count on.
And finally it means more support for the community and the local economy. Duke Energy has a team dedicated to working with state and local leaders to attract businesses to the state and help existing ones expand. Through support such as site readiness, customized rates, incentives, and sustainable energy solutions, the company was part of cooperative efforts in 2021 to attract 3,300 jobs and $1.2 billion in investment to Indiana.
Indiana Community Investments from 2016-2020:
- $4.5 billion in capital spending
- More than $186 million paid to local communities in property taxes
- Helped to attract 15,200+ new jobs to Indiana through economic development efforts
- More than $23.4 million in total charitable giving, including donations from the Duke Energy Foundation, employees and retirees
- More than 63,000 volunteer hours by employees