Downtown Asheville Grid Improvement
- To help ensure reliable electric service to downtown Asheville, Duke Energy is upgrading the underground electrical infrastructure to increase reliability and resiliency and improve remote restoration capabilities.
- Duke Energy plans to replace electrical equipment in 32 vaults in the downtown Asheville area between July 2023 and December 2024.
- Businesses and residents who may experience outages associated with this work will be contacted directly by Duke Energy engagement specialists.
- Estimated full project completion date is December 2024.
- Please check back for updates as the project progresses.