Here in Florida, we’ve been a part of the community for more than 100 years. Our more than 5,000 Florida teammates are committed to making the investments that matter most to our fellow Floridians.
That means investments in storm protection for better reliability no matter what Mother Nature brings. It also means more renewables, like solar, and innovative options like electric vehicle charging stations in more locations all across our area.
And finally, it means more support for the community and the local economy – all to help power your life here in the Sunshine State.
Florida Community Investments from 2016-2020:
- $8.5 billion in capital spending
- More than $652 million paid to local communities in property taxes
- Helped to attract 10,750+ new jobs to Florida through economic development efforts
- More than $32.3 million in total charitable giving, including donations from the Duke Energy Foundation, employees and retirees
- More than 75,000 volunteer hours by employees