Through the Supplier Diversity University and Supplier Exchange Forum, we seek to educate, develop and cultivate our diverse vendor relationships.
- We are engaging with our local communities through the Supplier Diversity University – a two-day educational conference focused on scaling existing diverse supplier relationships and investing in new ones. Topics from our most recent event included access to capital funding, cybersecurity and upcoming opportunities for business with Duke Energy.
- Through our Supplier Exchange Forum, we unite our suppliers and Duke Energy representatives to emphasize the value we place on including diverse suppliers on Duke Energy projects. It is also an opportunity to present Supplier Excellence awards to Duke Energy suppliers who share and embody our corporate values of safety, responsibility and inclusion.
Information on our next Supplier Diversity University and Exchange Forum will be shared in 2022. Let us know if you are interested in participating or learning more.
- To be considered diverse, a business must be at least 51% owned by one or more individuals in the below classifications. In addition, the owners must control the management and daily operations of the business.
- Service-disabled Veteran
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender (LGBT)
- Certified Federal HUBZone Business