Have you heard…?
- Our Voice Response Unit (VRU) can now notify you about meter installation dates.
- Our VRU also allows electrical inspection departments throughout N.C. and S.C. to submit inspections by telephone using the Duke Energy Progress number. This process eliminates unnecessary callbacks and ensures meter installation the next business day after construction is complete.
- You can now apply for multiple service requests within the same subdivision using just one application form.
- Using your builder number, you may check on the status of a pending or completed work request via our Web site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Good directions and phone numbers are essential for us to make site visits, to send construction crews to work sites, and to restore power.
How to reach us
- E-mail: Builder.Express@pgnmail.com (Please allow us 24 hours Monday through Friday for response)
- Fax: 1.800.706.7488 (Please allow us 24 hours Monday through Friday for response)
- Phone: 1.800.636.0581 (7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Friday) Builders/developers only
- When you call Duke Energy Progress to obtain a premise number, you must also apply for electric service. Inspection departments cannot place service requests on your behalf.
- Even though your inspection – along with your overhead or underground line work – is required before electric service is connected, underground or overhead line work can be requested regardless of when the inspection is approved. Please allow two to four weeks for construction. Construction/line work must be completed before a meter can be installed.
- Residential New Construction Program – You can offer the energy-efficient homes today's buyers want, plus get cash incentives from Duke Energy Progress.
- Energy Star - What is it? Visit: http://www.energystar.gov or call 1.888.STAR.YES (1.888.782.7937).