Noblesville Station

Photo of Noblesville Plant showing the spillway outside
Capacity: 90 megawatts
Location: Hamilton County, Indiana
Commercial Date: 1950
Status: Retired

Built in 1950, Noblesville Station was originally a coal-fired plant with two steam turbines that generated approximately 90 megawatts of electricity. In 2003, the coal-burning portion of the station was decommissioned, and three new combustion turbines were installed that run on natural gas. To increase efficiency, the turbines were joined to a heat recovery steam generator, which captures and converts combustion turbine exhaust heat to energy. The modernized facility now generates approximately 300 megawatts of electricity.

News & Resources

Information included in recent neighbor updates, along with work and progress at the site.

{{columnHeading}}
{{row.a.Text}} {{row.b}} {{ row.c| date : 'MM/dd/yyyy'}}

This information is currently unavailable

Please check again later