Reems Creek Reliability Project
Working to improve electric reliability for our customers.
- The project:
- Construct a new substation off Aiken Road in Weaverville, NC
- Build a new transmission line from the new substation to connect
to an existing line south of Shadow Drive
- New distribution lines will connect the new substation to serve surrounding customers.
- Upgrade the existing transmission line
- Construction start: Spring 2023
- Project area: Weaverville, Buncombe County
- Voltage: 115 kilovolts
- Project completion: Fall 2024
Project planning and design through 2022
Preconstruction activities (surveying, vegetation removal, soil borings) – Spring 2021 to Fall 2022
Grading and Clearing – Fall 2022
Start of construction – Summer 2023
Project completion – Spring 2024
Learn about the importance of transmission infrastructure and how it plays a vital role in powering our communities.
Learn what occurs during the preconstruction phase of an electric transmission project.
See why it’s important to keep easement areas free and clear of any vegetation.
Helps power homes, community facilities and businesses in Weaverville.
Helps accommodate fluctuating demand and improve resiliency during severe weather.
Addresses the need for additional electric capacity in Weaverville.