Powerline – Holder Transmission Line Project
- Construct a new 11.5-mile, 230-kilovolt (kV) transmission line between the new Powerline Substation in Crystal River, Fla., and the existing Holder Substation in Beverly Hills, Fla.
- The transmission line will be built on single-circuit monopole structures, typically ranging from 90 to 95 feet above ground, with a few structures reaching 140 feet above ground.
- All but 0.5 miles will be built within existing right of way. All Holder substation work will be performed inside the existing substation fence line.
Benefits to the Community
- Enhance the ability of Duke Energy and neighboring utilities to provide safe and reliable energy to homes, community facilities and businesses in the area.
- Provide flexibility and additional capacity to continue delivering reliable electricity to meet the region's growing energy needs.
- Maintain a robust system for supplying and delivering energy which is integral to the continued economic prosperity of the region.
What to Expect
Once a project is announced, there are several key steps that take place during the design and pre-construction phases of a transmission line project. During early stages of field investigation, residents may see Duke Energy staff and contractor field crews in the area evaluating existing conditions. This field data is crucial in assisting our engineering teams and other personnel with the design and construction planning for the project. After the field investigation is complete, our engineering team will develop the design for the project.
If a new easement or an update to the current easement is required, a company representative will contact the property owner to discuss the easement process. Additionally, we will be assessing the need to clear obstructions and vegetation within the current easement to prepare for construction. Property owners will be notified in advance should either of these issues need to be addressed.
Construction activities are anticipated to begin in fall 2021 and be completed in May 2023.
Real Estate Activities Started
Restoration of Right of Way
To be completed after construction
Transmission and what we do
Have a Question or Comment?
Call at 877.552.8725
Or write Duke Energy Public Engagement
3300 Exchange Place
Lake Mary, FL 32746