Overview of the ProjectTo meet the anticipated growth in Suwannee County, Lafayette County, Taylor County and Columbia County, Fla., Duke Energy plans to add a circuit to an existing transmission line.
- Add 30 miles of 115-kilovolt (kV) transmission circuit to the existing 69-kV transmission line between the existing Fort White Substation in Fort White, Fla., and the existing Perry Substation in Perry, Fla., on double-circuit monopole structures.
- The transmission circuit will be installed on monopoles approximately 100 feet above ground.
Benefits to the Community
- Enhance the ability of Duke Energy and neighboring utilities to provide safe and reliable energy to homes, community facilities and businesses in the area.
- Increase capacity to continue delivering reliable electricity to meet the region's growing energy needs.
- Maintain a robust energy delivery system, which is integral to the continued economic prosperity of the region.
What to ExpectOnce a project is announced, there are several key steps that take place during the design and pre-construction phases of a transmission line project. During early stages of field investigation, residents may see Duke Energy staff and contractor field crews in the area evaluating existing conditions. This field data is crucial in assisting our engineering teams and other personnel with the design and construction planning for the project. After the field investigation is complete, our engineering team will develop the design for the project.
If a new easement or an update to the current easement is required, a company representative will contact the property owner to discuss the easement process. Additionally, we will be assessing the need to clear obstructions and vegetation within the current easement to prepare for construction. Property owners will be notified in advance should either of these issues need to be addressed.
Construction activities are anticipated to begin in October 2021 and last through May 2023.
- Public Notifications: September 2019
- Real Estate Activities begin: October 2019
- Construction begins: October 2021*
- Restoration of Right of Way: To be completed after construction
- In-service Date: May 2023*
*Dates are subject to change.
Have a Question or Comment?Call: 877.552.8725
Duke Energy Public Engagement
3300 Exchange Place
Lake Mary, FL 32746
|Get Connected (PDF)||Resource||03/24/2022|
|Delivering Electricity to You (PDF)||Resource||11/05/2019|
|Preparing for Construction FAQs (PDF)||Resource||11/05/2019|
|How Does Duke Energy Acquire Easements? (PDF)||Resource||11/05/2019|
|Factors Considered When Siting Transmission Lines (PDF)||Resource||11/05/2019|