United Way North Carolina's Power of Commitment Award
- Duke Energy has a long-standing commitment to addressing the needs of the communities where our customers live and work. The United Way of North Carolina recognized Duke Energy with the Power of Commitment Award for our investment to expand the North Carolina 2-1-1 system, which helps people find health and human services resources in their community, to all 100 counties in the state.
CS Week's Best Mobility Implementation Award
- CS Week presented Duke Energy with its Best Mobility Implementation Award for the company's proactive customer outage notification program, which automatically provides registered customers with information about their power outage. Duke Energy is committed to meeting our customers' needs by providing them with real-time information about outages so they can make decisions.
Greentech Media's Grid Edge 20
- Duke Energy is always innovating and embracing new technologies and forward-thinking strategies to power the communities we serve. Greentech Media named Duke Energy to the Grid Edge 20, honoring companies that are shaping the electrical power sector's transformation.
2016 Outstanding Stewards of America's Waters Award
- Maintaining water quality and shoreline management is essential to protect our communities. The National Hydropower Association recognized Duke Energy with the 2016 Outstanding Stewards of America's Waters Award for successfully developing the Pines Recreation Area and High Falls Trail as part of the West Fork Hydroelectric Project in North Carolina.
2016 Circle of Excellence Award
- At Duke Energy, we believe sustainability is the key to our success, and so we incorporate that belief in all that we do. In recognition of our sustained commitment to corporate social responsibility, the Distribution Business Management Association honored Duke Energy with the 2016 Circle of Excellence Award.
Tree Line USA Utility
- The Arbor Day Foundation highlighted Duke Energy efforts in quality tree care by recognizing Duke Energy Florida as a Tree Line USA utility for the 10th consecutive year. The Tree Line USA Program demonstrates how trees and utilities can co-exist for the benefit of communities and citizens by highlighting best management practices in public and private utility arboriculture.