Solar Energy Project Highlights
Duke Energy Renewables owns and operates approximately 500 megawatts (MW) of photovoltaic (PV) solar power projects at more than 50 solar plants across the country, delivering customized solar solutions for utilities, municipalities, electric cooperatives and large business customers.
The company has invested almost $5 billion to grow its wind and solar power businesses since 2007. It owns and operates about 2,800 megawatts of renewable generation in more than a dozen states throughout the U.S.
Duke Energy Renewable Services
As well as operating its own assets, the business offers operations and maintenance services to third-party renewables operators through Duke Energy Renewable Services. Operations and maintenance of renewables sites is supported by the sophisticated Renewable Control Center in Charlotte, N.C., which uses powerful and secure technology to optimize performance at wind and solar power plants across the country.
Distributed Energy Solutions
- SOLAR: Duke Energy owns REC Solar, a provider of rooftop and ground-mounted solar, storage and microgrid systems for commercial-scale customers in the retail, manufacturing, agriculture, technology, government and nonprofit sectors. Based in San Luis Obispo, Calif., REC Solar offers easy customer financing, including leases and power purchase agreements.
- ENERGY MANAGEMENT: Duke Energy also owns a majority interest in Phoenix Energy Technologies. The company, based in Irvine, Calif., provides energy management systems and services for commercial customers, helping them reduce their energy consumption, decrease their environmental impact and achieve their corporate sustainability goals. With a suite of behind-the-meter solar, energy storage and demand management offerings, Duke Energy has created a compelling platform of onsite energy solutions for commercial customers large and small.
Our solar farms
View our Solar Energy Projects fact sheet for a summary of Duke Energy Renewables' commercial solar facilities, or click on one of the links below for an overview of each project.
- Highlander, CA (21 MW)
- Bagdad, AZ (15 MW)
- Blue Wing, TX (14 MW)
- Washington White Post, NC (12.5MW)
- Black Mountain, AZ (10 MW)
- Gato Montes, AZ (6 MW)
- Stanton, FL (6 MW)
- Dogwood, NC (20 MW)
- Millfield, NC (5 MW)
- Bethel Price, NC (5 MW)
- Washington Airport, NC (5 MW)
- Ajo, AZ (5 MW)
- Murfreesboro, NC (5 MW)
- Holiness, NC (1 MW)
- Shelby, NC (1 MW)
- Martins Creek, NC (1 MW)
- Murphy Farm, NC (1 MW)
- Taylorsville, NC (1 MW)
- Wingate, NC (1 MW)
- Sunset Reservoir, CA (4.5 MW)
- Windsor Cooper Hill, NC (5 MW)