Ohio Home Weatherization
What is the Home Weatherization Program?
Duke Energy has teamed up with People Working Cooperatively (PWC) to provide eligible customers with free home weatherization improvements to help lower your energy bills and decrease energy usage. These energy conservation measures can also help you improve the overall comfort, durability and value of your home.
To see if you qualify: Call People Working Cooperatively at 513-351-7921.
How it Works
Duke Energy has set money aside specifically for making home weatherization improvements for income-qualified customers. Services provided are based on your home's specific energy usage and needs.
- Furnace or heat pump clean and tune
- Health and safety check
- Energy efficient light bulbs
- Water heater wraps
- Weather stripping and piping wrap
Depending on the condition of your home and its energy usage, other services may include:
- Duct sealing
- Wall and attic insulation
- Other air leakage sealing measures.
How You Qualify
- You have a Duke Energy gas or electric account.
- Your primary heating source is gas or electricity from Duke Energy.
- You are responsible for payment of all utility bills.
- You live in a single-family home or apartment building (eight units or less).
- Your income is at or below the following levels for your family size and your primary heating system:
|People in Family||Annual Income for Households with Natural Gas Heat||Annual Income for Households with Electric Heat|
|(Contact Duke Energy if your household exceeds six family members.)|
For additional information or to see if you qualify, call People Working Cooperatively at 513-351-7921.