Solar Renewable Energy Credits Program SREC payment instructions
Enrollment in this program is now closed.
Duke Energy’s Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SREC) program allows Ohio residential customers with solar photovoltaic systems to sell their solar renewable energy credits to Duke Energy at current market prices. The program was offered to Ohio residential customers under Rate Schedule AER, the Renewable Energy Certificate Purchase Offer Rider. Program enrollment was available until Dec. 31, 2012, and is no longer open to new customers.
If you are currently enrolled in the SREC program, you can sell your solar renewable energy credits to Duke Energy after Dec. 31 of each year using the instructions below.
SREC payment instructions
Complete the steps below by Feb. 15 to receive payment for last year’s SRECs. You must repeat these steps each year of your 15-year agreement.
- On or after Jan. 1, certify your solar renewable energy credits from the previous year through the Generating Attributes Tracking System or Midwest Renewable Energy Tracking System. You’ll need to submit your meter readings from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31 of the reporting year.
- Transfer the solar renewable energy credits to Duke Energy’s account. Duke Energy will pay for whole SRECs.
- Fill out the Affidavit of Performance, Attachment A of the Rate AER-Renewable Energy Certificate Purchase Offer Rider, and have the affidavit document notarized.
- Send the notarized Affidavit of Performance (Attachment A) to:
Mail Code ST13A
P.O. Box 1010
Charlotte, NC 28201
- Create your invoice for the SRECs, detailing the amount owed and payment instructions.
- Once you’ve completed the steps above, you should receive your SREC payment from Duke Energy within 10 business days.