Duke Energy has programs to assist those who are having trouble paying their power bills.
If you need that assistance, or know someone who does, please call us so that we can discuss payment plans or special handling for households with medical concerns.
We also work with assistance agencies across the Carolinas and can refer customers to local programs that may be able to help them pay their power bills. Duke Energy and its customers support these programs through our long-standing Share the Warmth program.
Please call us so we can help:†800.943.6914
- Third-Party Notification
- Under this program, Duke Energy will notify a designated third party if a residential customerís account becomes past due and a disconnect notice is necessary.
- Medical Alert
- This program was created to help ensure careful handling of accounts where the disconnection of electric service for a past due bill could adversely affect the well-being of an occupant.
- Assistance Agencies
- Duke Energy and its customers provide funding to these agencies through our Share the Warmth and Cooling Assistance programs.
- Helping Home Fund
- Free assistance for income-qualified customers to make their homes more energy efficient.
- Moratorium is a prohibition against disconnecting service to residential customers (during a designated time period) who meet eligibility requirements established by the North Carolina Utilities Commission and the South Carolina Public Service Commission.
- Customers with speech and hearing impairments may contact us using the free Relay service.
- Neighborhood Energy Saver Program
- The Neighborhood Energy Saver Program offers free walkthrough energy assessments designed to help eligible customers learn how their homes use energy and how they can lower their monthly electric bills.