- No, we can put service only in the name of the person making the application.
- Customers applying online to start, stop or move service should allow three business days for an application to be processed.
Customers who need to temporarily disconnect their service must call us 24 hours in advance of the time they need to suspend service.
- We will hold the security deposit until your account reflects a good payment history, or until service is disconnected and the deposit is applied to the final bill.
- In order for Duke Energy to extend service to you, we need to verify your identity. Providing this information to Duke Energy helps us protect your identity and validate your credit profile.
- All residential customers must establish credit prior to the connection of electrical service. For new customers, we run a credit check at the time of application to determine whether a security deposit will be required.
Customers with existing services who have no more than two late payments in the last 12 months and no previously charged off accounts are not required to pay a security deposit. If a security deposit or guarantor is required, we will contact you by email with additional instructions.
Deposits, when requested, protect our company and our customers from those who use electricity and then move without paying for it. Those losses affect all of our customers, so security deposits help us keep everyone's costs down.