Lower your bill and make your space more comfy.
- Duke Energy has a list of prequalified, licensed duct repair contractors that have been trained on the duct repair process. If your home is in need of duct repair, you must first complete a free Home Energy Check and use one of our prequalified contractors in order to qualify for the incentive.
- In homes with central heating and cooling systems, ducts distribute conditioned air throughout the home. In a typical home, 20-30 percent of the air that moves through the duct system can be lost due to leaks, holes and poorly connected ducts. The result is higher utility bills and difficulty keeping the home comfortable, no matter how the thermostat is set.
- Some signs of leaks include:
- Unusually high summer and winter utility bills.
- Rooms that are difficult to heat or cool.
- Stuffy rooms that never seem comfortable.