An elevated experience
Less complexity. More simplicity.
- While the bill has a new look and feel, it includes the same helpful information you’re accustomed to seeing.
The following enhancements are applicable to bills for both residential and business customers:
- A simple two-column layout features billing information on the left side and bill-related messages on the right
- The use of color, bold text and icons emphasize key information
- Color line graph and/or comparison chart illustrating energy usage data
- More white space to segment information
- A perforated payment stub located on the bottom of the page
- Supplemental pages provide easy access to relevant contact information and additional bill messages
- You will begin receiving your newly designed energy bill in 2020. Communications providing detailed explanations of the changes and an overview of how to read your bill will be shared prior to the new format rollout.
As we enhance our systems, you may notice subtle changes to your bill through 2022. These changes include more energy usage comparison data and customized on-bill messages.
- All Duke Energy residential and business customers will get the redesigned bill except for those who receive the following types of bills: Braille, large print and summary bills for some customers. These types of bills will be updated at later dates as we continue to improve your overall experience. If you are enrolled in Paperless Billing, you will continue to receive, view and pay your bill online and can manage your account conveniently via My Account, your personal mobile device or the new Duke Energy app.
- We are in the process of modernizing our technology and increasing efficiencies to meet the evolving needs of our customers.
Our simplified energy bill is just one of many steps we are taking to improve your experience. Based on feedback we received from customers, we updated the bill with a modern look and feel and made it easier to view and understand the energy usage.
- We conducted a series of customer focus groups and surveys, along with input from state regulatory bodies. This valuable feedback, combined with industry best practices helped us arrive at a new bill design developed to deliver an uncluttered experience.
- All customers will receive standard size paper, mailing envelopes and remittance envelopes. Customers in the Carolinas and Midwest should expect their new bill to arrive in a slightly larger envelope.
The new bill will now be printed double-sided; for every two billing pages, double-sided printing only uses one paper sheet.
If you prefer to opt out of receiving a paper bill altogether, you are welcome to enroll in residential Paperless Billing to view and pay your bill online, allowing you to manage your account conveniently online via My Account or the through the new Duke Energy app.
- Yes! You will continue to receive an email notification when your bill is ready to review. If you currently receive an email bill notification and pay online through your Duke Energy My Account, you can view a PDF of the new bill after you log into your online profile. If you are getting your bill emailed to you as an attached PDF, you can view the new bill after opening the PDF. If you receive a bill notification through your bank, you log into your online bank account to view your bill.
- Your account information, including your account number and meter number, will remain the same.
- The simplified redesigned bill will replace the current bill format and we will be unable to accommodate requests to receive the old format. If you need a reprint of a previous statement received prior to the implementation of the new bill format, availability and format will depend upon your location and dates of service.
- The bill is not available in Spanish, but we have an online tutorial page that includes Spanish-translated descriptions of the various bill sections. You can find it at duke-energy.com/NewBillSpanish. Bilingual representatives are also available to assist Spanish-speaking customers.