- Schools that receive their building’s electricity from Duke Energy and are located in North Carolina, South Carolina and Indiana are eligible to participate in the program.
- To be a participating school, a school must schedule the free program from Duke Energy and The National Theatre for Children during the current school year. The building must also receive electricity from Duke Energy. See the Get My School Involved page to learn more.
Alternatively, you may email Info@MyEnergyKit.org or call the My Energy Kit hotline at 855.386.9548.
- Not necessarily. The schools listed on the dropdown menu are eligible for the program, but not all of them are participating.
- Duke Energy provides one FREE Energy Kit per household every 36 months for qualified Duke Energy account holders in North Carolina, South Carolina or Indiana. Households must also be associated with schools participating in the My Energy Kit program.
If you received a kit before but don't remember when, call the My Energy Kit hotline at 855.386.9548 or email Info@MyEnergyKit.org.
- Yes, you can request a kit. If you are not a Duke Energy customer, you will not qualify to receive a kit — however, your request will still be credited to your school and count toward program rewards.
- If you request a kit but you received a kit within the last 36 months, you’ll get a letter thanking you for your participation and stating when you will be able to receive another kit. Your request for this year will still count toward school and classroom rewards.
If you received a kit through the My Energy Kit program more than 36 months ago and you meet other qualifications, you will receive another kit.
Families at participating schools in Indiana, North Carolina and South Carolina can submit a request at any point during the program year – July 2021 through June 2022.
In order for requests to be counted toward school rewards, requests must be submitted by the school’s respective program deadline. See Rewards page for details.