Powering North Carolina
Creating meaningful impact in our communities.
The Duke Energy Foundation is focused on strengthening and uplifting communities throughout North Carolina with grant funding. We accept grant applications for $20,000 and less throughout the year on a rolling basis for the focus areas describe below. Please see the Application Process Step-By-Step link on the right for an overview of our grantmaking process.Vibrant Economies
- Workforce development training for jobs vital to the energy economy, with a focus on underrepresented populations
- Community revitalization and local economic development efforts
- Economic recovery for customers and communities facing unprecedented challenges
- Energy and engineering education for K-12 students and teachers
- Environmental projects supporting land conservation; clean water; and biodiversity of plant and animal species
- Environmental resiliency projects that prepare communities for and mitigate against the effects of climate change
- Natural disaster preparedness and response
- Thriving natural environments, including access to green space, in historically underserved and environmental justice communities*
- Programs supporting the “just transition” for communities transitioning to cleaner energy generation**
- Diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives supporting upward mobility
**View one description of a just transition.