Creating meaningful impact in our communities.
The Duke Energy Foundation is focused on strengthening and uplifting communities throughout Indiana with grant funding. We accept grant applications for $20,000 and less throughout the year on a rolling basis for the focus areas describe below. Please see the Application Process Step-By-Step link on right for an overview of our grantmaking process.Vibrant Economies
- Workforce development training for jobs vital to the energy economy, with a focus on underrepresented populations
- Community revitalization and local economic development efforts
- Economic recovery for customers and communities facing unprecedented challenges
- Energy and engineering education for K-12 students and teachers
- Environmental projects supporting land conservation; clean water; and biodiversity of plant and animal species
- Environmental resiliency projects that prepare communities for and mitigate against the effects of climate change
- Natural disaster preparedness and response
- Thriving natural environments, including access to green space, in historically underserved and environmental justice communities*
- Programs supporting the “just transition” for communities transitioning to cleaner energy generation**
- Diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives supporting upward mobility
**View one description of a just transition.
The Duke Energy Foundation is focused on helping strengthen and uplift communities throughout Indiana with grant funding highlighting vibrant economies, climate resiliency and justice, equity and inclusion.