Solar Energy Project highlights
Duke Energy Renewables owns and operates more than 400 megawatts (MW) of photovoltaic (PV) solar power projects at more than 35 solar farms across the country, delivering customized solar solutions for utilities, municipalities, electric cooperatives and large business customers.
The company has invested more than $4 billion to grow its wind and solar power businesses since 2007. It owns and operates more than 2,500 megawatts of renewable generation in a dozen states throughout the U.S.
As well as operating its own assets, the business offers operations and maintenance services to third-party renewables operators through Duke Energy Renewable Services. Operations and maintenance of renewables sites is supported by the sophisticated Renewable Energy Monitoring Center in Charlotte, N.C., which uses powerful and secure technology to optimize performance at wind and solar power plants across the country.
Distributed Energy Solutions
- SOLAR: Duke Energy owns a majority interest in REC Solar, a provider of rooftop and ground-mounted solar systems for commercial-scale customers in the retail, manufacturing, agriculture, technology, government and nonprofit sectors. Based in San Luis Obispo, Calif., REC Solar offers easy customer financing, including leases and power purchase agreements.
- BATTERY STORAGE: Green Charge Networks, based in Santa Clara, Calif., is partnering with REC Solar to offer energy storage with solar energy systems, adding increased value and savings for customers. Initial focus is on the California and Hawaii markets.
- ENERGY MANAGEMENT: Duke Energy also owns a majority interest in Phoenix Energy Technologies. The company, based in Irvine, Calif., provides energy management systems and services for commercial customers, helping them reduce their energy consumption, decrease their environmental impact and achieve their corporate sustainability goals. With a suite of behind-the-meter solar, energy storage and demand management offerings, Duke Energy has created a compelling platform of onsite energy solutions for commercial customers large and small.
Our solar farms
View our Solar Energy Projects fact sheet for a summary of Duke Energy Renewables' commercial solar farms, or click on one of the links below for an overview of each project.
- Highlander, CA (21 MW)
- Bagdad, AZ (15 MW)
- Blue Wing, TX (14 MW)
- Washington White Post, NC (12.5 MW)
- Black Mountain, AZ (10 MW)
- Gato Montes, AZ (6 MW)
- Stanton, FL (6 MW)
- Dogwood, NC (20 MW)
- Millfield, NC (5 MW)
- Bethel Price, NC (5 MW)
- Washington Airport, NC (5 MW)
If you are interested in contacting Duke Energy Renewables about a commercial solar power project, please email us.