Large Business Paperless
Paperless Billing and online Payment
Frequently Asked Questions
- No. In an effort to keep our prices low, we do not currently accept merchant card payments. Accepting merchant card payments would cost Duke Energy a fee, which we would have to pass on to our customers.
- No. Once you enroll in Business Paperless Billing, paper bills will no longer be sent. However, you can view and print bills on your My Duke Energy website.
- Yes, this is the most convenient and efficient way to pay your bills. All of your bills will be paid on the dates you select, and you will only see one bank debit for each day payments are made.
- You can still send a check, but we encourage you to give electronic payments a try. Electronic payments are a simple, secure way to ensure prompt and accurate payment of your accounts. If you do send a check, please make sure you designate the Duke Energy account number(s) and payment to each account in the pay advice section.
- No, you can choose which accounts you would like to enroll.
- No, this feature is optional.
- You can sign-up through your My Duke Energy website by clicking on the Sign Up for Paperless Billing and Online Payment link.
If you don't have a My Duke Energy website, sign up now.
- Once you enter a bank account number, it is encrypted before being stored in the database. On the actual Business Paperless Billing and Online Payment service, bank account numbers are masked – only the last four digits are shown to authorized users. You will see your bank account numbers in the system as XXXXXXXX1234. In addition, the electronic billing and payment service is PCI compliant and has SSAE16 certification.
- Your bills can be paid when they arrive, one to ten days before the due date, or on the due date. You can also schedule all of your accounts to be automatically paid two, three or four times per month, on days of your choosing. This convenient and efficient payment method is very popular among our business customers.
- Yes, you can continue to view all of your bills on your My Duke Energy website.
- Duke Energy operates as a separate entity in each of the states we serve, so we have to keep separate accounting – and Duke Energy bank accounts – in each of these states.
- Yes. If a payment is made before 7 p.m. EST on the due date, no late fees will be incurred. Payments made prior to 7 p.m. EST will be shown as pending payments until the evening of the date that they are paid.
- Yes. The person set up as administrator for your company has complete control over which users can view and pay each individual Duke Energy account.
- Yes. When you view or print your bill, you will see all of the same information that is on your paper bill today, including the meter readings and information on your energy usage.