The Businesses We're In
Duke Energy is a leading energy company focused on electric power and gas distribution operations, and other energy services in the Americas – including a growing portfolio of renewable energy assets.
- Regulated Utilities
- Duke Energy’s Regulated Utilities operations provide safe, reliable and competitively priced electricity to customers in North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio.
- Commercial Power
- Duke Energy's Commercial Power business has approximately 5,800 megawatts of owned nonregulated generation, primarily in the Midwest, including efficient natural gas and coal-fired plants.
- Duke Energy Renewables
- Duke Energy Renewables is a leader in developing innovative wind and solar energy solutions for customers throughout the U.S. Our wind and solar farms, located in 12 states, produce almost 1,800 megawatts of emission-free electricity.
- International Energy
- Duke Energy’s International operations are located in the Central and South American countries of Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala and Peru.
- Duke Energy Retail
- Duke Energy Retail, sold to Dynegy Inc., is now doing business as Dynegy Energy Services and provides retail electric and natural gas services to businesses, industrial facilities, aggregated municipalities and multi-site customers throughout Ohio.
- Duke Energy Commercial Transmission
- Commercial Transmission partners with other proven and experienced companies to build, own and operate transmission lines across the U.S.
- Energy Services
- Let us be your energy partner. Meet the complex energy challenges of today’s business world with our customized solutions that advance your business goals, improve operational performance and lower risk.