Learn how electricity and other energy sources are produced and delivered to our customers. You’ll also find resources to help students with science projects from start to finish – including ideas, exhibit suggestions, judging criteria and more.
- Generating Electricity
- Duke Energy produces electricity with nuclear and fossil fuels, and renewable hydropower. Learn how it works.
- Delivering Electricity
- Electricity is delivered through sophisticated distribution systems that transmit huge volumes of high-voltage electricity from generating stations.
- Delivering Natural Gas
- A modern natural gas distribution system provides energy to residential, commercial and industrial customers.
- Energy Education Centers
- Learn about nuclear energy and other electricity sources by visiting our energy education centers.
- Energy Efficiency
- Look here for energy efficiency and conservation initiatives to save energy and money.
- Glossary of Terms
- Our glossary offers useful terms and definitions to help you understand more about the energy industry.
- Electric & Magnetic Fields
- Need information about electromagnetic fields? Get some answers here.