Information for Homeschoolers We love our homeschoolers!
The EnergyExplorium is a fabulous facility with exhibits that are valuable lesson tools for a variety of subjects. Lesson plans and materials are available at the EnergyExplorium and can be downloaded below. In addition, the EnergyExplorium hosts several special Homeschoolers Days throughout the year. Information on upcoming days and registering for those events can be found here and on our 'events' page. Register soon because our limited spots fill up fast!
If you would like to be added to our homeschooler's distribution list to receive news about programs and events at the EnergyExplorium, please click here and include your name and e-mail address. Your information will be kept confidential.
Coloring Pages (pdf, 135 KB)
Class Activities and Lesson Plans
Elementary and Middle School
- What is Electrical Energy?
- Energy in Food
- A Home Energy Audit
- Sudent Suvey- How Do You Use Energy?
- Energy Source Web Quest
- Energy Efficiency Tips
- Dichotomous Key of the Energy Sources
- Energy and Machines
- Energy Activities with the Energy Ant
- Insulation and Energy
- How Big is Your Footprint?
- Generate Your Own Hydropower
- Saving Energy Keeps the Earth Cool
- Watt Does it Cost?
- Electricity- Matters of Fact
- We've Got the Power
- Gamma Ray Bursts
- Radiation - Matters of Fact
Cool Energy Facts (pdf, 2.53 MB)
- Science Experiment 1 (pdf, 41.7 KB)
- Science Experiment 2 (pdf, 65.5 KB)
- Science Experiment 3 (pdf, 60.7 KB)