Equal Payment Plan
What is Equal Payment Plan?
Equal Payment Plan is a free service that makes managing your cash flow easier by providing predictable monthly payments. To sign up for Equal Payment Plan, you must first sign up for Online Services.
Why Sign Up?
- You know exactly how much you will pay each month. Provides 11 months of equal payments with a settle up in the 12th month.
- Makes planning and budgeting your energy costs more accurate and convenient.
How to Get Started
- To sign up for Equal Payment Plan, you must be registered for Online Services.
- Click on Billing and Payment Options in the navigation menu on the left hand side of the page, then choose Equal Payment Plan.
- New Online Services User?
- Register for Online Services and then sign up for Equal Payment Plan.
- Existing Online Services User?
- Log in to Online Services and then sign up for Equal Payment Plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a fee for using the Equal Payment Plan?
No. There is no service charge or fee with Duke Energy’s Equal Payment Plan.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Equal Payment Plan, your account must have had service at least twelve months with a good payment record.
How is the Equal Payment Plan amount calculated?
Your monthly amount is based on your previous year’s electricity usage. Your previous year’s charges are divided into 11 equal payments that you'll make each month.
What services are covered?
Equal Payment Plan covers all basic services. Additional services, such as outdoor lighting, are not included in the Equal Payment Plan amount.
What if I paid for more electricity than I used?
If you paid for more electricity than you used over the first 11 months, we’ll credit your account the difference in the settle up month. If you used more electricity than you paid for, you’ll be billed for the difference.