What is On-Site Generation?
Duke Energy will automatically provide power to your facility during a power outage so that your business stays in business.
Features & Benefits
- Duke Energy provides seamless, uninterrupted power to your facility allowing you to focus on your business.
- Our unique pricing and service option requires no up-front capital expenditure and mitigates your risk of fuel price spikes.
- Pricing is governed by a filed tariff with the utility commission.
- The on-site generator and related equipment is remotely monitored and controlled 24x7.
- Duke Energy provides operation and maintenance resources, freeing your resources to concentrate on other business areas.
How to Get Started
Contact our Business Service Center at BSCTeam@duke-energy.com or 1-800-777-0046 to arrange a consultation with a Duke Energy professional.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the steps involved with getting an on-site generator?
A. First, you meet with our experts to discuss your business needs so that we can provide the best solution for you. Duke Energy will provide a proposal describing the options and budgetary costs. If you decide to proceed, you will sign a Letter of Intent. After this, Duke Energy will do a detailed solution design and determine the monthly fee. Duke Energy will purchase, install and commission the on-site generation system.
Q. What about ongoing maintenance and repairs?
A. After the generator is installed and commissioned, Duke Energy assumes ongoing maintenance and repair responsibilities.