A non-residential customer can guarantee another non-residential customer for a security deposit amount up to $1,000. An acceptable guarantor is a Duke Energy customer who meets the following criteria:
- The guarantor is an active non-residential customer with 24 months of continuous service and a satisfactory payment history.
- Guarantor's bills must be equal to or greater than the new customer's bills.
- The total amount a guarantor can guarantee is not greater than $1,000. (Note: This amount includes all accounts the guarantor has guaranteed. The combined total of these guarantees can not exceed $1,000.)
- If a security deposit amount exceeds $1,000, customers may obtain additional guarantors, a surety bond, irrevocable letter of credit or pay the remaining security deposit amount.
If a guarantor meets these requirements, two options are available for submitting this form to Duke Energy.
- Mail a completed notarized guarantor form to Duke Energy, DT01X - Guarantor Desk, 9700 David Taylor Drive, Charlotte, N.C. 28262.
- Fax the completed notarized guarantor form to 1-800-943-6909.
Guarantor Form (pdf, 452 KB)
Note: If using Adobe Acrobat version 5.0 or greater, you can type into the
form's blank fields and print the document.
Guarantor Form Instructions:
- Complete the Guarantor form (pdf, 452 KB).
- Print the form.
- Have the guarantor's signature notarized.
- Retain a copy for guarantor's records.
- Mail the original notarized copy to:
Duke Energy Company
Attn: DT01X – Guarantor Desk
9700 David Taylor Drive
Charlotte, N.C. 28262
Or fax a notarized copy to: 1-800-943-6909.
A guarantor has the right to cancel a guarantor obligation any time during the life of the guarantor agreement. In order to cancel the guarantor obligation, the guarantor must complete the Guarantor Release Form. The guarantor is still obligated for all services rendered to the guarantee through a 30-day notice period. The 30-day notice period begins the date the Guarantor Release form is received by Duke Energy.
Steps for Canceling the Guarantor Obligation:
- Complete the Guarantor Release Form (pdf, 26 kb).
- Print the completed form.
- Sign the printed form.
- Retain a copy of the completed form for your records.
- Mail the original signed copy to:
DTO1X - Guarantor Desk
9700 David Taylor Dr.
Charlotte, NC 28262-2363
Or fax a signed copy of the form to 1-800-943-6909.