Service Requests For Your Business
Duke Energy is committed to meeting your business energy needs. We can start, stop or transfer service within 3-5 business days. Requests are completed Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Property managers should visit our Property Managers page to request service.
- Start Service
- Complete this form to establish service at a new or existing location.
- Stop Service
- Complete this online form to stop service at your business location. If you need to establish service at a new location served by Duke Energy, please use the Transfer Service form.
- Transfer Service
- Complete this online form if your business is moving from one Duke Energy-served location to another Duke Energy-served location.
- Upgrade Service
- Complete this online form if your business is upgrading equipment such as changing wiring, adding or removing equipment or changing load.
- Security Deposit Options
- All non-residential customers must establish credit prior to electric service connection. Several security deposit options are available for new businesses with unestablished credit or existing businesses with established credit risks.
- Change Your Phone or Address
- Use this online form to update the phone number, mailing address or service address for your account.
- Report a Power Outage
- Report a power outage using our online report form, or call our toll-free automated outage reporting line at 1-800-POWERON.
- Report a Streetlight Outage
- Use this form to report an outdoor light that is not working.
- Call Before You Dig
- Contact with underground utilities can be as hazardous as contact with overhead lines. To avoid injury, call before you dig.