Automatic Monthly Payment
What is Automatic Monthly Payment?
A free service that automatically pays your energy bill by withdrawing from your company's bank account on or after your payment date.
Why Sign Up?
- Electronically authorize Duke Energy to withdraw the payment of your monthly energy bill on a date to fit your schedule.
- There are no dates to remember, checks to write or stamps to buy.
- Transactions appear on your monthly bank statement.
How to Get Started
Two ways to enroll:
- Enroll online using our secure online registration form. Have these two items available:
- A check or deposit slip from the financial institution you would like to use for the Automatic Payment Plan.
- Your Duke Energy account number.
- Complete enrollment form (pdf, 90 KB) and mail it to us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a fee for using the Automatic Payment Plan?
No. The Automatic Payment Plan is a free service provided by Duke Energy.
Can I choose the day I want my monthly bill drafted from my bank account?
Yes. When you enroll in the Automatic Payment Plan, you can select a payment date that is 10 to 14 days after your bill date. Keep in mind that your payment date will not be a fixed day each month because your meter is not read on the same day each month. If your payment date falls on a weekend or holiday, the draft will be made the next working day.
When will Duke Energy begin to automatically draft my bill amount from my bank account?
You will know your enrollment is complete when you see the words, “To be drafted on or after…,” on your bill statement. Until then, you should continue to make your payments as usual.