Smart $aver® Custom Incentive Program
What are Smart $aver® Custom Incentives?
Our Smart $aver Custom Incentive program rewards your business or school for making energy-saving process improvements. Whether you’re upgrading insulation, installing new energy systems or implementing other energy efficiency measures, we can help you offset upfront costs and increase your energy savings.
Features & Benefits
- Promotes energy efficiency and helps you implement other cost-effective energy improvements, not covered under our traditional Smart $aver program.
- Rewards you with cash incentives for making measurable energy efficiency improvements.
- Reduces your energy usage and cuts your operating expenses.
- Improves the environment.
How to Get Started
To qualify, customers must
- be a Duke Energy commercial or industrial electric customer.
- submit a completed Custom Incentive application and questionnaire prior to project initiation.
- Duke Energy receives Custom Incentive application
- Customer notified if there is missing information
- Technical review of the project
- Additional information may be requested
- Preliminary incentive calculated
Allow at least 1 month
- Customer accepts Incentive
- Pre-installation verification may be requested
- Installation commences
- Customer notifies Duke Energy that installation is complete, submits receipts
- Duke Energy issues Incentive payment
Installation time +10 days for payment
- Duke Energy contacts Customer regarding Measurement & Verification
- Independent Third-Party visits Customer facility to verify installation conforms to the application
- Temporary metering equipment may be installed to collect data
Will occur within a few months after installation
- Smart Saver Custom Incentive Pre-screen Form (doc, 86 KB)
Smart $aver Custom Incentive Application
- Custom Lighting Incentive Application - Part I (doc, 187 KB)*
- Custom Lighting Incentive Application - Part II (xls, 96 KB)*
*Optional: For custom lighting projects, customers may use the standard custom incentive applications, or use our new two-part application designed to help make the process easier.
View the Smart $aver® Custom Incentive FAQs.
Smart $aver® is a trademark of Duke Energy Corporation or one of its affiliates.