Electricity is a safe and reliable energy source when used properly. Like any other source of energy, it can be hazardous if used without caution and care.
Duke Energy cares about your safety and wants you to enjoy the comforts and convenience that electricity provides. We encourage you to follow these important electrical safety tips, and share them with your family and friends.
- Outdoor Electrical Safety
- Be safe around electricity. Learn how you can work and play safely outdoors.
- Indoor Electrical Safety
- Learn to be safe around electricity indoors.
- Standby Generator Safety
- Use extreme caution when using home generators. Learn to use them safely.
- Copper Theft
- Stealing copper from an electric utility company is dangerous, and it’s a crime.
- Electrical Safety Foundation International Web site
- Keep yourself and your family safe by increasing electrical safety awareness.
- Essential Use Customers
- Duke Energy will make reasonable efforts to maintain electric service to essential customers during emergencies – and to minimize the period of interruption. However, Duke Energy may have to curtail power to essential customers.
- Flooding Guidelines
- Safety is our first concern after every storm. According to the American Red Cross, electrocutions are the second leading cause of death during and after floods.