Choose State Change Location
About Us » Power Plants » Wholesale Power Generation » Miami Fort Station (Coal)

Miami Fort Station (Coal)

  • Total Plant Capacity: 1,000 megawatts
  • Duke Energy Ownership Interest: 640 megawatts; 64 percent each of units 7 and 8
  • Location: North Bend, Ohio
  • Fuel: Coal
  • Commercial Date: December 1949

Miami Fort Station includes three coal/steam units with a combined output of 1163 megawatts. The facility is located in North Bend, Ohio, approximately 20 miles west of Cincinnati. Duke Energy Kentucky owns the 163-megawatt unit 6, which went into service in 1960. Duke Energy’s Midwest Commercial Generation business owns 64 percent (640 megawatts) of units 7 and 8, which went into service in 1975 and 1978, respectively. (Dayton Power & Light owns the remaining 36 percent of each unit). Miami Fort Station is located in the Reliability First region and dispatched into PJM.