Allen Steam Station
- Capacity: 1,140 megawatts
- Location: Gaston County, North Carolina
- Commercial Date: 1957
Located in Gaston County, N.C., Allen Steam Station is a five-unit coal-fired generating facility. Units 1 and 2 began operating in 1957; unit 3 in 1959; unit 4 in 1960 and unit 5 in 1961. Named for George Garland Allen, a former president and first chairman of the board for Duke Power, the Allen facility is the only Duke Energy station with five units under one roof.
Duke Energy has made significant improvements to reduce emissions from the companyís coal-fired plants. Allen has been equipped with scrubbers to reduce the stationís sulfur dioxide emissions by approximately 95 percent.