The Gas Customer Choice program enables customers the opportunity to choose a natural gas supplier, other than Duke Energy Ohio. If you decide to purchase your gas from a different supplier, Duke Energy Ohio will continue to deliver the same reliable gas to your home or business, read your meter, perform routine safety checks, and respond to gas leaks or emergencies.
For your protection, the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) and Duke Energy Ohio approve all gas suppliers.
If you'd like to consider purchasing your natural gas from a supplier other than Duke Energy Ohio, follow these steps:
- Access the PUCO "Apples to Apples" comparison chart by visiting their Web site or call the PUCO at 1.800.686.7826.
- Obtain a list of gas suppliers currently enrolling customers. Click to access a list of residential and commercial/industrial suppliers or call us at 1.800.544.6900.
- Contact the supplier to obtain a copy of their contract and any additional information that may be available.
- Read and understand all terms and conditions of a contract before signing with a supplier.
If you decide to switch suppliers, follow these steps:
- Sign the contract and provide your Duke Energy Ohio account number.
- Once you sign the contract, review the confirmation letter you will receive from Duke Energy Ohio to make certain all information is correct.
Note: The price you pay for all gas supplied shall be based on the signed contract price. In addition, you must pay all applicable sales tax on the supplier gas charge on your Duke Energy Ohio bill.