Standard Service Offer - Electric Security Plan (SSO-ESP) Business & Large Business Customers
The following rate components may appear on your Duke Energy electric bill. The SSO-ESP became effective January 1, 2012 and will continue for three years and 5 months, ending May 31, 2015.
- Rider RC (Retail Capacity Rider) recovers the cost of generation capacity purchased in competitive auctions.
- Rider RE (Retail Energy Rider) recovers the cost of energy purchased by Duke Energy in competitive auctions.
Rider AER-R (Alternative Energy Recovery Rider) recovers Duke Energy's costs of complying with the State of Ohio's Alternative Energy requirements.
- Rider RECON (Fuel and Reserve Capacity Reconciliation Rider) Allows Duke Energy to recover costs incurred, but not recovered, under its 2009-2011 Electric Seurity Plan. This charge expires June 30 2012.
- Rider RTO (Regional Transmission Organization Rider) recovers certain costs incurred by Duke Energy relating to its participation in FERC-approved regional transmission organizations.
- Rider SCR (Supplier Cost Reconciliation Rider) ensures that Duke Energy recovers 100% of the cost it incurs in procuring energy and generation capaciy for its generation customers through competitive auctions..